1._____ proceeds from an oral warning to a written warning to a suspension to dismissal.
- Positive discipline
- Progressive discipline
- Procedural justice
- Due process
2. Which question should not be important in evaluating the value of training?
- Was the cost of training within the budget?
- Did change occur?
- Is the change due to training?
- Is the change positive related to organizational goals?
Find the final exam answers here HRM 531 Final Exam
3.________________ include everything in a work environment that enhances a worker’s sense of self-respect and esteem by others.
- Social responsibilities
- Nonfinancial rewards
- Internal pay objectives
- General business strategies
4. Because practical considerations make job tryouts for all candidates infeasible, it is necessary to __________ the relative level of job performance for each candidate on the basis of available information.
5. Which of the following is a distinctive feature of the U.S. system compared with other countries?
- All agreements are of unlimited duration
- Low union dues and small union staffs
- Exclusive representation
- Wages set by arbitration councils
6._____ implies that appraisal systems are easy for managers and employees to understand and use.
7._____ analysis is the level of analysis that focuses on employees specifically.
Download now HRM 531 Week 1 Quiz (Latest)
8. What can affirmative action assist organizations in achieving that diversity initiatives cannot?
- Maximizing creativity
- Increased productivity
- Correcting specific problems of the past
- Maximizing workforce commitment
9. Title VII of the _____________ states that top executives in companies receiving government support can retract bonuses, retention awards, or incentives paid to the top five senior executive officers or the next 20 most highly compensated employees based on corporate information that is later found to be inaccurate.
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (2009)
- Sarbanes–Oxley Act (2002)
- Pay for Performance Act (2009)
- Equal Pay Act (1963)
10. Which is not a quality of Generation Y?
- Short attention spans
- The constant need for stimulation/entertainment
- A blurring of the lines between work and leisure time while on the job
- Inability to handle numerous projects
11. When conducting a performance feedback discussion, active listening requires
- Interruptions to get your point across.
- Verbal communications only.
- Summarizing your key points.
- Summarizing what was said and what was agreed to.
Complete paper here HRM 531 Week 1 Complete
12. Training that results in ______ is costly because of the cost of training (which proved to be useless) and the cost of hampered performance.
- simulation of training
- applicability of training
- reinforcement of training
- negative transfer of training
13. Employee demotions usually involve
- A reduction in pay but no loss of opportunity, status, or privilege.
- A decrease in status and privilege but no loss of opportunity or pay.
- An increase in pay and more responsibility.
- A cut in pay, status, privilege, or opportunity.
14. What is our country’s income maintenance program?
- PPA (2006), 401(k)
- ERISA (1974)
- COBRA (1985)
- Social Security
Want more details? Download now HRM 531 Week 2 Quiz (Latest)
15. For organizations, _________ is an indirect cost associated with downsizing.
- an increase in the unemployment tax rate
- administrative processing
- severance pay
16. ____________ is the biggest hurdle to overcome in a pay-for-performance plan.
- Merit-pay increases
- Salary cap performance level
- Compensation equation
Find the quiz answers here HRM 531 Week 3 Quiz (Latest)
17. To avoid legal difficulties related to performance appraisals and enhance credibility in court, employers should
- Present only the employee’s perspective.
- Have friends testify.
- Present only the manager’s perspective.
- Document appraisal ratings and reason for termination.
18.___________ is the process where managers provide feedback to the employees regarding their past and present job performance proficiency, as well as a basis for improving performance in the future.
- Performance management
Download for answers HRM 531 Week 3 Complete
19. If objective performance data are available, which of the following is the best strategy to use?
- summated rating scales
- work planning and review
20. In _____, workers have been fired for refusing to quit smoking, for living with someone without being married, drinking a competitor’s product, motorcycling, and other legal activities outside of work.
- constructive discharge
- lifestyle discrimination
- invasion of privacy
Find the final exam answers here HRM 531 Final Exam Answers
21. Organizations periodically turn to _________ to meet demands for talent brought about by business growth and a desire for fresh ideas, or to replace employees who leave.
- entry-level employees
- their subsidiaries
- outside labor markets
- former employees
22. This made extensive changes to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) of 1974 that governs employer-sponsored, qualified (for tax deferral) retirement-benefit plans.
- The Pension Protection Act (PPA) of 2006
- Short-Term Severance Pay laws
- Employer Cost Shifting laws
- Short-Term Disability laws
Download Complete Answers HRM 531 Week 4 Quiz (Latest)
23. The Civil Rights Act of 1991 offered what for victims of unintentional discrimination?
- Affirmative action
- Monetary damages and jury trials
- Adverse impact
24. When companies discover they can communicate better with their customers through employees who are similar to their customers, those companies then realize they have increased their _____ diversity.
Want to download the Complete Assignment..?? Click HRM 531 Week 4 Complete
25. In determining the competitiveness of benefits, senior management tends to focus mainly on
26. If employers fail to check closely enough on a prospective employee who then commits a crime in the course of performing his or her job duties, they can be held liable for
- Loss of consortium.
- Negligent hiring.
- Hostile environment.
- Quid pro quo.
27. Properly designed incentive programs work because they are based on two well-accepted psychological principles: (1) increased motivation improves performance and (2)
- recognition is a major factor in motivation
- the Rucker plan
- control-based compensation
- the Scanlon plan
Click here to download Complete Answers of HRM 531 Week 5 Quiz (Latest)
28. Hard quotas
- Are a concerted effort by the organization to actively expand the pool of applicants so that no one is excluded because of past or present discrimination?
- Systematically favor women and minorities in hiring and promotion decisions.
- Are a commitment to treat all races and sexes equally in all decisions about hiring, promotion, and pay?
- Represent a mandate to hire or promote specific numbers or proportions of women or minority group members.
29. Mary arrives at her new job. Before she can begin actually doing the work, she must complete a series of activities including role playing and virtual reality interactions. What type of training method does Mary’s new employer use?
- On-the-job training
- Organizational development
- Information presentation
30. A _____ occurs when parties are unable to move further toward settlement.
- bargaining impasse
This article covers the topic for the University Of Phoenix HRM 531 Final Exam. The author is working in the field of education from last 5 years. This article covers the basic of HRM 531 Final Exam Assignment from UOP. Other topics in the class are as follows:
Want to check other classes..?? Visit: www.TransWebeTutors.com