EDU 528 WEEK 4 COMPARING MODEL -
Write a 900 words paper in which you use concepts and / or theories addressed in Week 3.
- Compare and contrast the “ Motivational Framework for Culturally Responsive Teaching” (Wlodkowski, Chapter 4) versus John Keller’s “ARCS Model” (Attention, Relevance, Confidence, and Satisfaction). The ARCS model can be found athttp://www.arcsmodel.com.
- Review and discuss two (2) academic sources of analysis and / or research regarding the two (2) models, and how they are currently viewed in adult education.
- Reflect on a recent classroom experience in which you were the student, and using one (1) of these models, summarize how it was applied, and how it worked, or did not work.
- Evaluate which model works better for you in your work or future work, and explain why.
- Include at least three (3) references (no more than 2-3 years old) from material outside the textbook.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast traditional learning theory with adult learning theory.
- Analyze adult teaching and learning models.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in methods of teaching in adult education.