1. ________ is defined as a business firm’s intention, beyond its legal and economic obligations, to do the right things and act in ways that are good for society.
- Social screening
- Social responsibility
- Social obligation
- Values-based management
Find the final exam answers here MGT 521 Final Exam
2. The balanced scorecard measures organizational performance against previously established standards. Which of the four functions of management relates most closely to setting these standards?
3. Budgets can be used as tools within which two functions of management?
- Controlling and organizing
- Planning and leading
- Controlling and planning
- Organizing and leading
Complete Answers here MGT 521 Week 1 Complete
4. Indira Patel has been working in her organization’s computer security department for the past 10 years. If another employee follows Indira’s recommendations in a given situation, based on her expertise in computer security, which source of power is Indira using?
- Legitimate power
- Coercive power
- Expert power
- Referent power
5. If Carol Reece is a charismatic leader, which of the following characteristics is she most likely to possess?
- An external locus of control
- A sensitivity to environmental constraints and follower needs
- A strong need to be in control
- A fear of taking risks
6. According to the Ohio State studies, which of the following dimensions of leader behavior refers to the extent to which a leader is likely to define and structure his or her role and the roles of group members to meet goals?
- Consideration structure
- Intelligence structure
- Initiating structure
- Psychological structure
7. On Monday, Jim’s Taco Shop identified a problem with tainted ground beef that was used to make tacos and nacho platters for its lunch customers. If the staff at Jim’s did not identify the problem until after the lunch rush, what type of control would this demonstrate?
- Feedforward control
- Concurrent control
- Proactive control
- Feedback control
Download now MGT 521 Week 2 Quiz or Knowledge Check (Latest)
8. The ________ determines the number of levels and managers in an organization.
- chain of command
- span of control
- unity of command
- delegation of authority
9. During benchmarking, an organization can compare its processes and products to competitors in its own industry and to noncompetitors outside the industry. What is a main benefit of comparing a firm’s performance against an organization it does not consider a competitor?
- A noncompetitor may allow an organization to see its practices more readily than a competitor in the same industry.
- A noncompetitor may be the world leader in a specific process or practice, and an organization can learn from it.
- A noncompetitor may be easier to find and benchmark, because the top firms in the world are so diverse.
- There is no benefit to benchmarking a firm against a noncompetitor.
10. If a manager rationalizes that he or she does not have time to investigate the source of a problem and instead resorts to putting out fires, the manager is missing the use of ________.
- bureaucratic control
- basic corrective action
- concurrent control
- immediate corrective action
Complete paper here MGT 521 Week 2 Complete
11. Which leadership theory is derived from the belief that a leader’s job is to remove pitfalls and roadblocks so followers can achieve their work goals?
- Contingency theory
- Fiedler’s theory
- Leader participation model
- Path-goal theory
12. A company that wants to distinguish itself from the competition in the marketplace is most likely using which of the following strategies?
- Functional strategy
- Focus strategy
- Differentiation strategy
- Generic strategy
13. When a manager makes use of a SWOT analysis, one of his or her objectives is to
- set specific short-term performance standards for each department
- formulate appropriate strategies to exploit strengths, protect against threats, and correct weaknesses
- evaluate the desirability of issuing stocks or bonds in the current financial climate
- identify the best employees to fill each position in the organization
14. What can be said about a manager who believes she worked hard and met her organization’s productivity goals despite unfavorable conditions?
- She has an external locus of control.
- She has a high ego strength.
- She has an internal locus of control.
- She has a low ego strength.
Want more details? Download now MGT 521
15. Which of the following is a characteristic of a matrix organization?
- It is free of internal and external boundaries.
- It has formal departments to which employees return after completing a project
- It conforms to the unity of command principle.
- It has a single chain of command for functional managers to report to.
16. Which of the following is a characteristic of an organic organization?
- Narrow span of controls
- High specialization
- Cross-functional teams
- Rigid departmentalization
17. Conflicts can be resolved by satisfying one’s own needs at the expense of others. This conflict- management technique is known as ________.
Find the quiz answers here MGT 521 Week 3 Quiz or Knowledge Check (Latest)
18. When planning for unexpected events, a company is using which of the following techniques?
- Contingency planning
- Financial forecasting
- SWOT analysis
19. Melvin manages a team of 10 employees, including Jane and Jared. Jared is leaving the organization to find a job as a manager in another field. Meanwhile, due to performance issues, Melvin terminates Jane’s employment with the company. Both of these are examples of what type of employee behavior?
- Job satisfaction
- Employee productivity
Download for answers MGT 521 Week 3 Complete
20. Searching for new ideas beyond an organization’s boundaries and allowing changes to easily transfer inward and outward is known as ________.
- open innovation
- strategic partnering
- knowledge management
- organizational osmosis
21. Which business practice would likely encourage ethical behavior?
- Intense competition for valued rewards
- Cultural values for obedience to authority
- Strong emphasis on individual productivity
- Strong emphasis on leading by example
22. Why are feedforward controls more rarely implemented as compared to other types of controls?
- Feedforward controls result in wasted time and money.
- Feedforward controls require managers to interact directly with employees.
- Feedforward controls are time-consuming for managers because they must continually monitor progress.
- Feedforward controls require timely and accurate information that is hard to obtain.
Click here and download MGT 521 Week 4 Quiz or Knowledge Check (Latest)
23. Which of the following statements is true about group decision making?
- It generates more complete information and knowledge.
- It is most suitable for matters that must be critically evaluated.
- It prevents any one minority from dominating or influencing the final decision.
- It takes less time to reach a solution than it would an individual.
24. In the ________ approach of going green, organizations respond to the environmental preferences of customers.
25. Thomas often annoys his coworkers with his talkativeness and assertive personality. According to the Big Five Model of personality, Thomas would be described as high in the trait of ________.
- openness to experience
Want help? Click to download MGT 521 Week 4 Complete
26. If a firm wanted to identify how much money was being made for each sale of a given product (above and beyond the costs associated with making that product), what type of ratio would it use?
- Liquidity ratios
- Activity ratios
- Profitability ratios
- Leverage ratios
27. It is crucial to determine an acceptable _____ during the comparing step in the control process.
- written report
- measure of organizational performance
- ideal standard
- range of variation
28. An organization’s ________ goals are official statements of what an organization says its goals are.
Want to download the Complete Assignment..?? Click MGT 521 Week 5 Quiz or Knowledge Check (Latest)
29. Kelly is interviewing candidates to fill a vacancy on her team. One candidate has a degree from a prestigious university, and Kelly is impressed. In speaking with her fellow members of the interview panel, however, Kelly finds that no one else enjoyed the interview with the candidate, finding her to be pompous, aggressive, and self-serving. In her focus on only the candidate’s education, Kelly may have fallen victim to _______.
- the halo effect
- assumed similarity
30. Which of the following stages is when the group structure is in place and accepted by the group members?
This article covers the topic for the University Of Phoenix MGT 521 Final Exam. The author is working in the field of education from last 5 years. This article covers the basic of MGT 521 Final Exam Assignment from UOP. Other topics in the class are as follows:
Want to check other classes..?? Visit: www.TransWebeTutors.com